Wecome followers... on a journey to explore the wide world of web tools.

I will be using this blog to explore and evaluate a range of web tools with an emphasis on the practicality of their use in an educational setting.... so jump on board for the ride!

Monday, August 16, 2010

Tube Chop

I know from experiences, many frustrations can arrive from using youtube in the classroom. I recently found a clip that I wanted to use for one of my lessons, but I only wanted to use a segment of the clip as the rest was irrelevant. In the past, I have found myself wasting time during these lessons trying to find the right part of the clip. Today, I have found a solution.

Tube Chop is an online tool that allows the user to select a youtube clip, and cut out the irrelevant segments, leaving you with the exact part you are after. It then allows the clip to be uploaded to an online website, or a blog. Very handy.

The site is easy to navigate and has clear instructions that will help you chop your clip in no time.

Give it a go, see what you think.

2 comments:

  1. That is one of the best tech tool advises I have heard of. There has been so many times when I have not used a you tube clip, simply because of the irrelevant information, or the fact that it goes on for too long. I wonder what else is available that we do not know about !! I recently just wanted to use the sound effects from a video, and wanted it to play without the pictures, (or atleast begin with a blank screen). Got any ideas ? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you please tell me how I can add those tick your reaction boxes, that you have under your post, Thankyou

    ReplyDelete